Looking for ways to engage guests at your restaurant? Ever thought of using new-age mobile marketing techniques and digital content? QR Codes are the way to go! QR Code Engagement allows businesses to connect with their customers.
Here is a list of 11 effective ways to use QR Codes in a restaurant:
1. Run an offer to win prizes by playing mobile-based games
Restaurants can give their guests an option to play a mobile-based game. This will keep the guest engaged while they wait for their order or bill to arrive. The customers can scan the QR Code and access the browser based online game. Customers can also win freebies or discounts if they manage to score well in the game.
2. Allow guests to register feedback/complaints using their smartphones
Guests can provide feedback by scanning a QR Code printed on the bill or table tent card. The restaurant can also get customers’ contact details (upon request) for future promotions.
3. Run mobile-based contests and lucky draws:
Just by scanning a QR Code, guests can redirect to a contest or a lucky-draw webpage. If the guests win they contest, they can win freebies or get discounts.
4. Run promotional campaigns with dynamic digital content
Restaurants can run a dynamic QR Code-based campaign where the content changes with time.
For example, a popular bar in Gurgaon (India) stamped a QR Code on every guest’s arm. They called it the ‘Buddy Stamp’. Once scanned, the guests could view varying content throughout the evening. These pages provide content such as deals, food menus, radio taxi contact numbers, etc.
5. Allow guests to place an order and pay using their smartphones
Guests can scan a QR Code and see menu items on their smartphones. Instead of printing daily specials every day, restaurants can place a dynamic QR Code.
You can also give guests the option of placing orders and making payments by scanning a QR Code.
6. Increase social engagement by getting guests to Like/Tweet about the restaurant
7. Educate guests about the risks (e.g., food allergies) from ingredients of a dish
Restaurants can also add QR Code in the menu which provides important details about each dish. This is especially important for guests to avoid any possible food allergies.
8. Show the guests interviews and provide detailed information of the Head Chef
You can promote the Head Chef by allowing fans to access information by scanning a QR Code. This could be her favourite recipes, video interviews, etc..
9. Show the guests a video of the preparation of the restaurant’s special dish
Educate guests about the preparation of the special dish by showing a YouTube video. Guests who scan the code will be able to view the video on their smartphones.
10. Allow guests to download the restaurant’s mobile application
Leverage QR Codes to increase the number of downloads of the restaurant’s mobile application. To know more, read our post on Increase your mobile app downloads by using QR Codes.
11. Allow guests to access the restaurant’s free Wi-Fi
You can share your restaurant’s Wi-Fi network credentials through QR Codes. Guests who scan the code can connect to the network.
Create a Custom QR Code for your restaurant