QR Codes have great potential to get leads from your target audience and Advanced Hair Studio, a leading hair replacement and hair regrowth company, has attempted to do just that. We reviewed their QR Code in a newspaper advertisement and learnt what they did right and where the brand went wrong.
1. Despite being prominently placed, no call-to-action
The advertiser did well to place the QR Code prominently in the advertisement. However, it was plain black and white and the ad failed to bring the code to the attention of the readers. This could have been done simply by:
- Adding a designer QR Code that matched the design of the ad instead of placing a large black and white block on a graphic image
- Adding a call-to-action message such as ‘Scan to book an appointment with the studio nearest to you’
- Adding instructions to scan the code for the benefit of those who are unfamiliar with the QR Code technology
2. Trackable QR Code not used
The QR Code is a simple static QR Code. Advanced Hair Studio could have used a trackable QR Code to edit content and track number of scans. Doing this would have allowed the advertiser to assess the impact of the campaign.
3. Landing page not mobile-optimized
On scanning the QR Code, the user is redirected to a registration page of Advanced Hair Studio. Surprisingly, the page is not mobile-optimized, given that the page only has a video and the registration form. This is one of the most common mistakes made by advertisers while using QR Codes in marketing campaigns. Read why these QR Code best practices are must-know.
4. Adding a video is a good move
In a good move by the advertiser, the readers are given the option of viewing a video of an interview of a celebrity sportsperson. This can help the brand get more leads through its registration form.
Evaluation Score: 2/5
To start creating QR Codes for your own brand, try our free online QR Code generator.