URL to QR Code, what’s in it for marketers? Is it a simple process?
Before answering these questions, let me share with you the story of a marketer, Sam.
Sam heads the marketing department of a product company. His biggest challenge is to drive the desired amount of traffic to his company’s website.
If you use print media to draw customers, increasing website traffic may prove to be a challenge.
What you need to do, is create a QR Code for your website.
A website QR Code allows your customers easy access to your website through a single scan. Thus, increasing your website traffic.
This is just like a Video QR code that makes it easier for your audience to see a video, or any other QR Code type that makes taking an action easy.
HOW ELSE CAN A WEBSITE QR CODE HELP ME?
The good news is that you can link the QR Code to any content that has a URL. For example:
- Promotional web page with an incentive such as a coupon code
- Web site with information useful to your audiences. Eg: The history of a monument, Wikipedia page, product details, or specs of a real estate property
- Web photo gallery of a product
- Google Drive or Dropbox file/folder
- Company website with relevant information
- Engaging videos such as a movie trailer or tutorial
- Audio files such as a song or a lesson by a teacher
- And also, web page that requests a payment
HOW TO CONVERT URL TO QR CODE?
Just follow these easy steps:
1. Go to a URL code generator such as Scanova
2. Enter the website URL in the given field and click on Create my QR Code
3. Finally, your QR Code is generated and you have three design options to choose from
- Standard black-and-white
- Fancy with custom logo
- Fancy with a custom background
4. You can either Customize each design or proceed to Download the QR Code image
5. Note that you will need to sign-up for a free trial account before you can download the QR Code. Also, you need an account to save, edit and download the code and track scanning activity
6. Then, find QR Code in the Campaign Manager from your account’s dashboard to:
- To edit URL
- QR Code design
- To download the QR Code again
7. Also, if you need to edit the URL to show new content later, create a dynamic QR Code. Using a dynamic QR Code, you can edit the URL at any time and also track scanning activity
In 2019, Deepika Padukone, an Indian actress, announces the launch of her website via an Instagram post. The post featured a Website URL QR Code which redirected fans to Deepika’s website.