Say you’re planning to throw a party and want to invite your friends and family. You’ve booked a venue and want to share the location to your guests. A Google Maps QR Code will help you pin-point the exact location of the venue on the maps application on your guest’s smartphone.
So, if you are looking to provide maps coordinates of your office or event site this code is what you need.
You may need a Google Maps QR Code to share the location of:
- Your office or shop on your business card
- An event site on the invitation or ticket
- A tourist spot on travel brochures
Various types of QR Codes help you make your promotional as well as operational activities better and easier.
A. How do I create a Google Maps QR Code?
You’ll find many location QR Code Generators online. Using Scanova for demo purpose, here is a step-by-step guide on ‘how to create a google maps QR Code’:
1. Go to Scanova’s Google Maps QR Code Generator
2. Search your location in Google Maps Search Box in the page that opens
3. Select the location and click Create QR Code
4. A pop-up will appear prompting you to change the name of the QR code. Change the name of the QR Code and click Save
5. Three QR Codes will appear with options to Customize and Download QR Code in three distinct designs— Standard, Custom background design, and Custom logo design
6. Proceed with any of the QR Code design you want
7. Once you’re done, say after customizing the QR Code, click Download. A pop-up will appear prompting you to sign-up for a 14 day free trial to be able to download the QR Code. Note that the pop-up will also give you an option to make the QR Code static or Dynamic (recommended)
8. Once you sign-up, you’ll be able to download the high resolution QR Code image in various formats— PNG, JPG, SVG, etc.
That’s it. Now that you have the QR Code for location of the venue/business/tourist spot, you can print it on your business card/invitation card/travel brochure.
B. How can you edit the QR Code’s location
Say you created a QR Code for Google maps to share office’s location and you happen to shift your office. Now you want to change the location of the QR code. You can do it if you selected the dynamic option while creating the QR Code. A dynamic QR Code is editable and allows you change the encoded data anytime. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Go to Scanova and click Saved QR Codes
2. Select the QR Code
3. Enter the new location and click Update QR Code
Once you update the QR Code, the location will be updated while QR Code will remain the same.
Create a Google Maps QR Code
That’s all you need to know about a Google Maps QR Code generator. If you still have questions, feel free to ask in the comments section below.