If you want to create a simple QR Code that shows text when scanned, you need to create a text QR Code. Unlike barcodes that store numeric data only, QR Codes can store alphanumeric data included spaces, punctuation, and symbols. Hence, there are multiple types of QR Codes one can create.
How is a text QR Code useful?
Converting text to QR Code is useful if you want conceal some text or make the text machine-readable. Generally, the following data is encoded into these codes:
- Coupon code
- Alphanumeric serial code (for inventory management or ID cards)
- Special message for someone (QR Code goes on a gift or card)
- Answer to a question (See how QR Codes are used in the classroom)
- Product details (ID, Batch No., Expiration Date, etc.)
You can create two types of text QR Codes—Simple text QR Codes and Rich text QR Codes.
In this article, we’ll focus on simple text QR Codes.
How to convert text to QR Code?
Just follow these easy steps:
1. Go to a Text QR Code Generator.
2. Enter text in the given field and click on Create my QR Code.
3. Your QR Code has been generated and you have three design options to choose from – standard black-and-white, fancy with custom logo, or fancy with custom background.
4. You can either Customize each design or simply proceed to Download the QR Code image.
5. Note that you will need to sign-up for a free trial account before you can download the QR Code. An account is required to save and download the QR Code for future use.
How to generate text QR Codes in bulk?
If you plan to convert text to QR Codes for applications such as inventory management that requires 100s or 1,000s of QR Codes, then you can’t possibly do it one-by-one. There are two ways to generate QR Codes in bulk:
1. QR Code API
You can integrate a QR Code Generator API with your information system (such as inventory management software) to automatically generate the code when required. Learn more about QR Code API.
2. Bulk Generation Service
QR Code Management Service (such as Scanova) provide bulk generation services. You simply need to provide the text data in a spreadsheet and the QR Codes will be generated for you within a span of 48 hours.
Convert Text to QR Code