Black-and-white QR Codes are ugly. Period. They are generic, impersonal, and boring. Your QR Code should differentiate itself to be able to attract your target customer’s attention. So personalize your QR Code by adding a logo or merge with your brand graphics. Here is what we recommend:
- Add your brand logo in the centre or as a background image
- Fill the QR Code elements with your brand colors
This can be easily done by using an online QR Code generator with logo designing capabilities. Keep reading to learn more.
QR Codes can be designed
The advantage of using QR Codes is that QR Codes can be designed with colors, patterns, and images. The following QR Code designs were created using Scanova:
(Image Source: Company Websites)
How to add a logo to your QR Code
1. Go to Scanova QR Code Generator
2. Choose the type of QR Code you want to create
For example, if you want your target audience to go to your website, choose See a webpage
3. Enter the URL of your website and click on ‘Create my QR Code’
4. To customize your QR Code with your brand logo, click on Customize from the category Fancy with Custom Logo
You will be redirected to the designing tool where you can edit the colors, patterns, background color, and logo of your QR Code.
Creating QR Code Design with Logo in the Center
5. Click on the Logo tab to upload and customise your logo
Here is a description of the options of this feature:
- Add New Image: Click here to upload the PNG, JPEG or SVG image of your logo
- Size: Increase or decrease the size of your logo
- Rotate: Rotate your logo clockwise or anti-clockwise
- Remove Blocks Around Logo: Check this option as Yes to remove data blocks behind and around the logo
- Error Correction: To maintain scannability, choose a higher error correction. Recommended is High (H) or Very High (V)
6. Click on Download once you have finalised your design. Note that you will need to sign up for a 14-day Free Trial account to be able to download your code.
Creating QR Code Design with Logo/Custom Image as a Background
7. Another way to personalize your QR Code with your brand logo is to merge the QR Code on top of the image of the logo. To do this, choose ‘Customise’ from the category ‘Fancy with Custom Background’ on the ‘Choose Design and Download QR Code’ page.
8. Click on Add New Image to add your logo image to the canvas.
9. Position and resize your QR Code on the image as per your requirements.
10. Click on Preview to see the design of your QR Code. Click on Reposition to edit the position and size.
11. Click on Download once you have finalised your design. Note that you will need to sign up for a 14-day Free Trial account to be able to download your code.
Create QR Code with Logo