We see and use coupons everyday to get as much discount as we can on our purchases. It’s quite a useful marketing gimmick to increase your sales.
But what’s wrong with coupons?
The common ways of distributing a coupon (for an in-store purchase) is via newspaper/magazine ads, flyers, or takeaway menus. But here is what is frustrating about it:
- I usually don’t know what to do with these coupons. Do I cut them? Isn’t that what my grandma used to do?
- Where do I keep them? I can’t carry all of them with me all the time
- I usually don’t have the coupon when I am actually out shopping
This experience can be immensely improved using a QR Code Coupon instead.
What is a QR Code Coupon?
A QR Code is a 2D barcode which can be scanned using a smartphone application. When a user scans this code, she is redirected to dynamic content such as websites, photos, videos, or music.
A QR Code Coupon is simply a QR Code which redirects the user to a mobile coupon page which has the coupon code and other information such as offer description, etc.
How is it better for my potential customers?
A QR Code Coupon provides a better experience than traditional coupons in the following 3 ways:
- People can save as many coupons as they like on their smartphones
- People usually always carry their smartphone with them so the coupons will always be handy
- People can digitally share the coupons with their friends or on social media
How can it benefit the marketer?
A QR Code Coupon opens up multiple possibilities for the marketer to digitally engage with their potential customers. For example:
- Build as email subscriber list by asking for the customers email before they can see the coupon
- Get potential customers to like or follow your social media pages before you share the coupon with them
- Get the users to fill out a survey or feedback form before the coupon code is revealed
There are numerous other possibilities depending on the creativity of the marketer. However, it is possible only via a QR Code Coupon.
How do I create one?
You can easily create a QR Code Coupon by following the steps below:
1. Go to the QR Code Coupon Generator.
2. You can customize the mobile coupon by adding details such as brand logo, company name, coupon title, coupon code, coupon description, and a redirection button. Fill these details and click on Create my QR Code.
3. The QR Code has been generated and you are given three design options to choose from – standard black & white, fancy with custom logo, and fancy with custom background.
4. You can either Customize the design of your choice or proceed to Download the QR Code. Note that you will be required to sign up for a free account before the QR Code downloads. An account will help you save your QR Code and let you track number of scans.
7. To edit the details of the coupon, find the QR Code in the Campaign Manager (from the side-bar on the left) under the Default Campaign. Note that you should be logged into your account.
Create a QR Code Coupon