There are many QR Code generators that allow you to link a QR Code to one of your social media accounts such as Facebook Page, Twitter Account, or LinkedIn profile. But if you are a decent-sized company, you might probably have more than one social media account. The popular ones for businesses include Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest. But then will you go for a Facebook QR Code generator or the one for Instagram? How do you choose between all these social media platforms? The answer is simple—don’t. Give your customers the option to choose. Provide them one QR Code for all Social Media. We are calling it the Social Media QR Code.
A. How do I create a Social Media QR Code online?
There are many social media QR Code generators online. Using Scanova for demo purpose, here is how you can generate a QR Code for social media:
1. Go to Scanova’s Social Media QR Code generator page
2. Select Social media links
3. You’ll see three design options. Select the one which you’d want your landing page to look like. Next, add header text such as ‘Socialize with us’
4. Add links to all your Social Media accounts including: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
5. Click Create QR Code
6. Next you’ll see three QR Code designs with option to Design and Download: Standard Black-and-white, Custom Logo Design, and Custom Background Design
7. Click Customize and Download for QR Code design of your choice
8. Once your QR Code design is ready, click Download
9. A pop-up will appear prompting you to sign-up. Note that you’ll need to sign-up for a 14 day free trial to be able to generate and download your Social Media QR Code
10. Once you sign-up, click Download. You’ll have the option to download the QR Code image in various formats such as PNG, JPG, and SVG
That’s it. Once that you have an all-in-one QR Code for social media profiles, you can use it to increase your followers.
B. Get your users to mail you
You can even get your users to mail you with the Social Media QR Code itself. As users click on this link, the default mailing application of their phones will open with pre-filled recipient, subject, and email body fields.
To add a mailto link, follow these steps:
1.Add the Custom Link 2 field while creating the QR Code (see screenshot)
4. To add a subject line, add: ?subject=Email%20Subject (eg. mailto:[email protected]?subject=Email%20Subject)
5. To add body text, append: &body=Body%20Text (eg. mailto:[email protected]?bodyt=Body%20)
You can also edit the button text to ‘Email Me’, ‘Email Us’, etc.
C. How to edit Social Media QR Code
Say you create a new account on another social media platform. You want to add its link to the QR Code too. Or you want to change some of your old links. You can do it by following these steps:
1. Go to Scanova and select Saved QR Codes
2. Select the QR Code
3. Add/replace the links
4. Click Update QR Code
The links will be updated and you can use the same QR Code.
Create a Social Media QR Code now
Still have queries? Feel free to ask them in the comments section below.