We all like our data to be secure. But till now there was no easy way to secure QR Codes. A QR Code is an open standard and the encoded data can be read by anyone with a QR Code scanning application on their smartphone. We thought – how can we use QR Codes but share our content with only the people we want? So we went ahead and created the Password-protected QR Code.
How to use password-protected QR Codes?
The idea is to publicly restrict access to sensitive data, which could be:
- Confidential Documents: If you are adding QR Codes on your print material to share confidential information, then you can password-protect the URL just like confidential PDF files
- Download Links of Paid Content: Share the QR Code password with people who pay for your downloadable content (music, art, games, etc.)
- Special Message: Send a special message to your partner on their birthday card via a password-protected QR Code so that nobody else can see it
How does it work?
It works it just three simple steps:
- When you generate a URL-only QR Code using Scanova, specify a password
- Share the password with your friends with whom you want to share the URL
- Whoever scans the QR Code will be prompted to enter the password before they can run the URL
How do I create a password-protected QR Code?
- Create an account with Scanova QR Code Generator
- Click on New QR Code from the dashboard
- Choose the content that you want to show your audience. Note that password-protection is only available for URL-based QR Codes
- Enter content and click on Create QR Code
- In the Name your QR Code window – check the Password Protect option, specify the password, and save your QR Code
- Download your preferred QR Code design, or customize and download
- Share the password with trusted recipients
- When they scan the QR Code, they will see the following screen and will be prompted to add a password before they can view your content
- If want to edit or remove the password, you can do so by editing the QR Code from the Campaign Manager
That’s it. Start securing your QR Codes now.
Create your first Password-Protected QR Code