Say you are a manufacturer and you want to show content such as Terms & Conditions from your product packaging. But printing lengthy content on packaging is either impossible or will take up a lot of space. But the good news is that it is possible to show the content you need—via a PDF QR Code. Create a PDF QR Code online which, when scanned, will allow your audience to view the PDF on their mobile phones. But ‘How to create a QR Code for a PDF?’
This article will tell you everything about how to make a PDF into a QR Code. If you are looking for a good PDF viewer, editor, and storage software then visit sodapdf.
A. Use Cases of a PDF QR Code
Similar to other QR Code categories (Website URL, audio, video, etc.), a PDF QR Code helps you make things better.
You can use a PDF QR Code to:
1.Provide the soft copy of a document from a hard copy
2. Show documents such as T&C, and User Manual from product packaging
3. Allow the stakeholders to view and download company reports from newspaper ads
B. How to create a QR Code for a PDF
You’ll need a PDF QR Code generator to create a PDF QR Code. There are a number of such QR Code generators online. Using Scanova for demo purpose, here is a step-by-step guide to convert a PDF to QR Code:
1. Go to Scanova and sign-up for a 14 day free-trial
2. Once you sign-up, select PDF QR Code
3. Click Upload File and upload the PDF file
4. Click Create QR Code
5. A pop-up will appear prompting you to change the name of the QR Code
Note that you can even password protect your PDF QR Code at this step. This will ensure that only authorized personnel can see the PDF with a password. To password protect the PDF:
a. Click Add password protection
b. Enter the password
c. Click Save
Also read: Password protected QR Codes.
6. Next you’ll see three QR Code designs to choose from: Standard, Custom logo (to create QR Code with logo), and Custom background (to create QR Code with customized background)
Each design will have the option to Customize and Download. You can customize the QR Code design by:
- Changing the shape and color of eyes
- Changing the shape and color of data modules
- Adding a logo
- Adding a background image
7. Once your QR Code is ready, say after you’ve designed it, click Download
You’ll be able to download the high resolution QR Code image in various formats such as PNG, JPG, and SVG.
C. How to change the PDF or the password in PDF QR Code
Say you want to change the PDF file or the password of your QR Code. You’ll definitely be able to do it because the QR Code you created was a dynamic QR Code. It is editable and allows you to make changes anytime. You can simply follow these steps to do it:
1.Go to Scanova and click Saved QR Codes
2. Select your PDF QR Code
3. To change the PDF, click the Pencil icon and upload the file
4. To change the password, simply type the new password
5. Click Update QR Code
Your PDF file/password will be updated while the QR Code image will remain the same. That’s all you need to know about How to create a QR Code for a PDF. If you still have questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.
Create a PDF QR Code now