They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Why engage your target audience with boring text when you can show an image. But sometimes you have a limited print space and it is almost impossible to print a picture. The good news is that you can create QR Code from image and print it to show the image you want. Here we’ll call it an image QR Code.
An image QR Code, when scanned, allows end users to view the image.
If you were looking for how to create a QR Code with an image in the centre, then see this post.
A. Use Cases of an Image QR Code
You can use an image QR Code on limited print space to show:
i. An image of a product
ii. A diagram, blueprint, or illustration
iii. A picture of a person
iv. Any PNG or JPG image containing relevant information (tables, graphs, slides, etc.)
You may even use an image QR Code to get soft copy of a painting or artifact in an exhibition or gallery.
B. How to create QR Code from Image
There are many online QR Code generators that generate QR Code for image. Using Scanova for demo purpose, here is a step-by-step guide to convert a photo to QR Code:
1. Go to Scanova QR Code Generator
2. Click Upload file and upload the file (PNG, JPEG formats)
3. Click Create QR Code
4. Next you’ll see three QR Code designs with option to Design and Download. These designs include: Standard, Custom logo design, and Custom background design
5. Once your QR Code is ready, say after you design it, click Download
6. A pop-up will appear prompting you to sign-up for a 14 day free trial. Note that you’ll have to sign-up for a 14 day free-trial to be able to download your QR code
7. Once you sign-up, you’ll be able to download a high resolution image of your QR Code in formats such as PNG and SVG
C. How to edit image QR Code
Say you want to change the image but keep the QR Code same. You can do it by following these steps:
1. Go to Scanova and open Saved QR Codes
2. Select the QR Code
3. Click the edit icon at the right side of the image and upload the image
4. Click Update QR Code
This will replace and convert the picture to QR Code while your QR Code will remain the same.
Create a QR Code from an image now
That’s all you need to know about ‘how to convert image to QR Code’. If you still have any queries, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.