Wedding is one of the most important events in one’s life. Each wedding comes with a lot of drama—venue, gifts, and invitations. The invitation card is your official announcement to your friends and family and you might want to make the most of it. By adding a QR Code. A QR Code will not only make your invitation hi-tech but also make many things easier for your guests.
Don’t know how a QR Code on a wedding invitation will help? Keep reading.
A. Why you should add a QR Code to the Wedding Invitation
Here is how a QR Code can help make your wedding invitation better:
a. Share Google Maps location of venue with guests
This is probably the most popular use case of adding a QR Code on a wedding invitation card. You can share the exact Google Maps location of the venue when the QR Code is scanned. No need to design and print the map.
b. Get guests to mark the event on their calendars
Your close friends and family members will definitely attend the wedding. But it doesn’t hurt to add a teeny-tiny reminder on their calendar, right? A QR Code on the invitation can do this. On scanning, a calendar event will be created on the user’s smartphone. This will ensure that your guests not only prepare for the event but also reach in time.
c. Share your couple journey with photos and videos
Couple stories are quite-a-thing nowadays. A Wedding Teaser or a Pre-Wedding shoot reflects timeless memories which are reminiscent of ‘How it started’. A QR Code on the wedding invitation allows you share your journey via photos, videos, or any other webpage that illustrates the storyline.
d. Make it easy for guests to RSVP using their smartphones
A QR Code can also help get your guests to RSVP. They can scan the QR Code and respond if they will attend the event or not. For each response, you will get an email notification. No need to send RSVP by snail-mail.
B. What is a Wedding Invitation QR Code?
You can either add a QR Code for any of the purposes above or you can simply use the all-in-one Wedding Invitation QR Code. For this, you will need to use Scanova QR Code Generator. Using Scanova, you can create a Wedding QR Code, which links to a customizable mobile landing page. In this page, you have the option to add:
- Page Title (e.g., Wedding Invitation)
- Banner Images
- Names of Bride and Groom (e.g., Mary Jane weds Peter Parker)
- Button Link to external webpage, photos, or video
- Event date and timings with a ‘Add to Calendar’ button
- Full event address with ‘View on Google Maps’ button
- Email RSVP with ‘Accept/Decline’ buttons
See a preview of how the landing page will look like: Sample Wedding QR Code Landing Page
C. How to create a Wedding Invitation QR Code?
Using Scanova for demo purposes, here is a step-by-step guide on how to generate a wedding invitation QR Code:
2. Start customizing the landing page by first adding basic information such as Page Title, and banner photos (upto 3)
3. Next if you want to add an external link (say a Youtube video of your journey), you have the option of adding a link and customizing the button text
4. Further add event details such as Date, Time, Venue Address, and Google Maps Location
5. If you need the RSVP section, first specify the email address where you want to receive the responses. You can also specify till when invitees should respond and how many guests are they allowed to bring
6. Once you’ve added all information, Click Create QR Code
7. Next, you’ll see three QR Code designs and the option to Download or Design QR Code. You can proceed with any of the two options
8. Once your QR Code is ready (say after you design it), click on Download
9. A pop-up will appear prompting you to sign-up for a 14 day free trial. Note that you’ll need to sign-up to be able to download your QR Code
10. Once you sign-up, click Download
That’s it. Now that you have the QR Code, you can add it to the wedding invitations. Note that your wedding invitation designer will probably need a vector image of the QR Code (SVG, EPS, etc.). So download the file format you need using the Advanced Export option.