Wedding is one of the most important events in one’s life. Each wedding comes with a lot of drama—venue, gifts, guests, gala, and invitations. The invitation card is your official announcement to your friends and family and you might want to make the most of it.
You’d want your invitations to be memorable. But before you go ahead to explore design options for your invitations, think what purpose will your invitation card serve?
First, it will reveal the important details such as the date and time of the event. This is the first and the most basic element of an invitation card. It helps guests remember when your big day is.
Second, you’d want it to meet the recipients’ eye. You’d want a card that gets your guests to behold it even after the wedding.
Third, you’ll mention the venue name on the cards. In fact, you might even want to design and print a map that helps guests reach the venue easily.
Fourth, you’ll specify an email or phone number where guests can RSVP. Now getting these responses is important to ensure that you make all the necessary arrangements.
And a QR Code can help you do all these things efficiently. Wondering how? Keep reading to know.
A QR Code will not only make your wedding invitation hi-tech but also make many things easier for your guests on your big day.
A. Why you should add a QR Code to the Wedding Invitation
QR Codes help make a lot of things better. For example—a Website URL QR Code makes it easy to visit a website. And a Social Media QR Code makes it easy to share your social media profiles. Similarly, there are numerous examples where QR Codes make things better.
In Apr 2017, a couple in China used QR Codes on their wedding to replace cash gifts with digital payments. The amount received from each guest was deposited directly into the couple’s bank account.
Here is how a QR Code can help make your wedding invitation better:
a. Share Google Maps location of the venue with guests
This is probably the most popular use case of adding a QR Code on a wedding invitation card.
It allows you to share the exact Google Maps location of the venue when the QR Code is scanned. No need to design and print the map. That means guests will not have to make complex interpretations to understand the route.
They can simply follow the directions using the Google Maps application on their phones.
b. Get guests to mark the event on their calendars
Your close friends and family members will definitely attend the wedding. But it doesn’t hurt to add a teeny-tiny reminder on their calendar, right? A QR Code on the invitation can do this.
On scanning, a calendar event will be created on the user’s smartphone. This will ensure that your guests not only prepare for the event but also reach in time.
c. Share your couple journey with photos and videos
Couple stories are quite a thing nowadays. A Wedding Teaser or a Pre-Wedding shoot reflects timeless memories which are reminiscent of ‘How it started’.
A QR Code on the wedding invitation allows you to share your journey via photos, videos, or any other webpage that illustrates the storyline.
You can’t do all this with an invitation card alone, right?
d. Make it easy for guests to RSVP using their smartphones
A QR Code can also help get your guests to RSVP. They can scan the QR Code and respond if they will attend the event or not.
For each response, you will get an email notification. That means they will not have to send RSVP by snail-mail.
As a result, the response rate will increase. After all, the easier the process, the better it is.
B. What is a Wedding Invitation QR Code?
You can either add a QR Code for any of the purposes above. For example—a Calendar QR Code to help guests add an event reminder on their phones. Or a Google Maps QR Code to help them find the exact venue location or a Video QR Code to show your wedding teaser.
Or you can simply use the all-in-one Wedding Invitation QR Code.
A Wedding QR Code leads to a landing page with details of your big day. And besides text-based information, it also shows multimedia content to your guests.
A Wedding QR Code gives you the option to add the following details:
1.Page Title (for example: Wedding Invitation)
2. Banner Images
3. Names of Bride and Groom (e.g., Mary Jane weds Peter Parker)
4. Button Link to an external webpage, photos, or video
5. Event date and timings with ‘Add to Calendar’ button
6. Full event address with ‘View on Google Maps’ button
7. Email RSVP with ‘Accept/Decline’ buttons
See a preview of how the landing page will look like: Sample Wedding QR Code Landing Page.
Now that you know what a Wedding Invitation QR Code is and what it does, the next question is—how to create one?
Now the first thing you need to create a Wedding invitation QR Code is—a QR Code generator that offers this category.
So you might want to compare the various QR Code generators online. Now comparing them one-by-one will take a lot of time and effort.
To make the process easier for you, we’ve compiled a comparison chart for the top QR Code generators. You can go through it to decide the best one for your use case.
Using Scanova QR Code generator for a demo, here is a detailed guide on how you can create a Wedding Invitation QR Code:
C. How to create a Wedding Invitation QR Code
1. Go to Scanova and sign-up for a 14-day free trial
2. From QR Code categories, select Wedding Invitation QR Code
3. Start customizing the landing page by first adding basic information such as Page Title and banner photos (up to 3)
4. Next, if you want to add an external link (say a Youtube video of your journey), you have the option of adding a link and customizing the button text
5. Further add event details such as Date, Time, Venue Address, and Google Maps Location
6. If you need the RSVP section, first specify the email address where you want to receive the responses. You can also specify till when invitees should respond and how many guests are they allowed to bring
7. Once you’ve added all information, Click Create QR Code
8. Next, you’ll see three QR Code designs—Standard black-and-white, custom with logo, and custom with background. And there will also be options to Download or Customize the QR Code for each of the design. You can proceed with either of the three options
To make the QR Code blend well with your invitation card design, you must customize it. Here you can add an image either as a logo in the centre or as a background. Customization also allows you to edit the color and pattern of QR Code eyes and data modules.
9. Once your QR Code is ready (say after you design it), click on Download
10. A pop-up will appear prompting you to specify QR Code image size and format. Once you specify the details, click Export
That’s it. Your QR Code has been downloaded.
Now that you have the QR Code, you can add it to the wedding invitations.
Note that your wedding invitation designer will probably need a vector image of the QR Code (SVG, EPS, etc.). Vector images are suitable for print resolutions and don’t get pixelated. So download the appropriate format.
D. How to edit the wedding QR Code?
Say you specify an email address to receive responses for RSVP. But for some reason, you want to change the email address.
You can make such edits even after your QR Code has been created. This is because a Wedding Invitation QR Code is dynamic in nature.
And unlike a static QR Code which is permanent in nature, a dynamic QR Code can be edited anytime you want. Yet your QR Code will remain the same.
Here’s how you can do it:
1. Login to your Scanova account and click Saved QR Codes
2. Select the QR Code you want to make changes to
3. Make the required changes and click Update QR Code
That’s it. Your changes will be updated while your QR Code will remain the same. That means no need to reprint the cards.
That’s it. That’s all you need to know about a wedding invitation QR Code. It does not only help you make your invitations hi-tech but also assists both you and your guests do many things.
Still have any queries? Ask them in the comments.