In the digital age, convenience is king. And QR Codes are well-known for delivering convenient solutions. So the next time you want to run a campaign to drive web traffic, consider using a website QR Code.
But how do you create a website QR Code? And how can it help drive traffic to your site?
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process using Scanova, a popular QR Code generator.
A. What does a website QR Code mean?
A website QR Code, when scanned, redirects the end-users to a encoded weblink or landing page. This eliminates the need for users to manually type in the webpage’s address, providing a convenient and efficient way to access your website. It’s a smart tool that can significantly boost your website traffic.
B. Types of website QR Codes
Website QR Codes are of two types, static and dynamic.
1. Static QR Code: Static QR Codes are simple and straightforward. They direct users to a permanent URL and do not allow for any changes or tracking once generated. They are ideal for scenarios where the destination URL will not change over time.
2. Dynamic QR Code: Dynamic QR Codes, on the other hand, offer much more flexibility. They allow you to edit, track, and trace your QR Code. By editability we mean that you can change the URL in the QR Code anytime. This could be helpful if you need to redirect your audience to a different webpage or migrate your website domain.
C. Why do you need to create a website QR Code?
Creating a website QR Code is a strategic move for any business or individual looking to enhance their digital presence. Here’s why:
1. User convenience
A website QR Code simplifies the process of accessing your website. Instead of typing a URL, users can scan the code and be directed to your site instantly. This is particularly useful for mobile users.
2. Increased engagement
You’ll likely see increased engagement and traffic by making it easier for users to reach your website. This can lead to higher conversion rates.
3. Trackable metrics
With dynamic QR Codes, you can track data like scan locations and times. This provides valuable insights into your audience and the effectiveness of your marketing strategies.
QR Codes can be used on any print or digital platform, making them a versatile tool for promoting your website across various mediums.
Creating a QR Code is relatively inexpensive. This makes them a cost-effective marketing tool that fetches you great results.
D. Step-by-step guide to creating a website QR Code
Creating a website QR Code using Scanova is a straightforward process. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you:
Step 1: Visit the Scanova QR Code generator online.
Step 2: Select the “Website URL” option from the menu and enter the URL you wish. This is the link you want your QR Code to redirect to when scanned.
Step 3: Choose between a “static” or “dynamic” QR Code. Here, the dynamic option is made active by default.
Step 4: Click on “Generate QR Code”. This will create a basic black-and-white QR Code for your website.
Step 5: Customize your QR Code. Scanova lets you personalize your QR Code with colors, patterns, and even your brand logo.
Step 6: Test your QR Code. Before you download and use your QR Code, test it with multiple devices and QR Code scanning apps. This step ensures that your QR Code works correctly and redirects to the intended URL.
Step 7: Download your QR Code. Scanova allows you to download your QR Code in various formats suitable for print and digital use.
Step 8: Deploy your QR Code. You can now start using your QR Code in your marketing materials. Place it where it’s easily visible and can be scanned conveniently by your audience.
E. Use cases of website QR Code
QR Codes for websites have many use cases that can significantly enhance user interaction and engagement. Here are a few examples:
- Online Shopping: QR Codes can simplify the online shopping experience by providing a quick link to product pages, reviews, and feedback. Shoppers can scan the QR Code and be directed to the specific product page, saving time and effort in searching for the product
- Business Websites: Adding QR Codes to business websites can provide easy access for potential customers or clients. For instance, a QR Code on a business card can lead directly to the company’s website, making it easier for contacts to learn more about the business
- Blogs and Personal Websites: QR Codes can increase blog traffic and personal website visits. By placing a QR Code on promotional materials or social media posts, readers can quickly access the blog or website without manually entering the URL
- Social Media Accounts: It is quite beneficial to use QR Codes to share social media accounts. A single scan can lead users to a page where all social media accounts are listed, increasing the chances of gaining followers across different platforms
F. How to edit the URL in QR Code?
Editing the URL in a QR Code is a feature that’s typically available with dynamic QR Codes.
Here’s how you can do it using Scanova:
- Log in to your Scanova account: To start the process, log in to your Scanova account
- Go to ‘My QR Codes’: Navigate to the ‘My QR Codes’ section once logged in. This is where all your created QR Codes are listed
- Select the QR Code: Find the QR Code you want to edit and click on it. This will open the QR Code details
- Edit the URL: In the QR Code details, you’ll find an option to edit the URL. Click on it, and you can change the URL your QR Code points to
- Save the changes: After editing the URL, save the changes. The QR Code will now redirect to the new URL
Remember, this feature is only available for dynamic QR Codes. Static QR Codes, once created, cannot be edited. If you plan to change the URL in the future, it is advisable to create a dynamic QR Code.
G. Tips on how to create a website QR Code
Creating a website QR Code can be a simple process, but there are a few tips you can follow to ensure you’re getting the most out of your QR Code. Here are some tips:
1. Choose the right generator
Many QR Code generators are available online, but not all are created equal. Choose a generator that offers customization options, analytics, and the ability to edit the URL after the QR Code has been created. Scanova is a great example of a QR Code generator that offers these features.
2. Customize your QR Code
A customized QR Code can be more engaging than a standard black-and-white code. Many QR Code generators allow you to change your QR Code’s color, shape, and frame to match your brand.
3. Test your QR Code
Always test your QR Code before distributing it. Make sure it scans correctly and leads to the correct URL.
4. Track your QR Code
Use a QR Code generator that offers analytics. This will allow you to track how many people are scanning your QR Code and what devices they are using.
5. Optimize your landing page
Optimize the page your QR Code leads to for mobile devices. Most people will scan your QR Code with their smartphone, so ensure the page is mobile-friendly.
6. Place your QR Code strategically
Think about where your QR Code will be displayed. It should be in a location where it’s easy for people to scan.
7. Educate your audience
Not everyone knows how to scan a QR Code. Include instructions or a call to action like “Scan to visit our website” near your QR Code.
8. Update your QR Code
If you’re using a dynamic QR Code, you can update the URL it leads to without creating a new QR Code. This is useful if you want to lead users to new content or if your website URL changes.
Remember, the goal of a QR Code is to make it easier for users to access your website. Keep this in mind as you create and distribute your QR Code.
Q: How do I create a website QR Code?
A: Creating a website QR Code is simple with the right tool. You can use an online QR Code generator like Scanova, where you need to enter your website URL, customize the design if you wish, and then generate the QR Code. The QR Code can then be downloaded and used in your marketing materials.
Q: Can I change the URL in my website QR Code?
A: If you’ve created a dynamic QR Code, you can change the URL it directs to even after printing and distributing it. This is a major advantage of dynamic QR Codes over static ones, which can’t be changed once created.
Q: How can a website QR Code benefit my business?
A: A website QR Code can enhance your marketing efforts by making it easier for potential customers to visit your website. You can use it on printed materials, advertisements, business cards, and more. By simply scanning the code with their smartphone, users can be instantly directed to your website, increasing traffic and potential conversions.
- Create a website QR Code to drive more traffic
As we wrap up, it’s clear that QR Codes are essential in today’s digital age. They make it easier for users to access your website, online shopping platform, business website, blog, or social media accounts.
Creating a website QR Code using Scanova is a straightforward process that anyone can follow. The flexibility of QR Codes, particularly dynamic QR Codes, allows you to edit the URL, track scans, and even protect your content with a password. This makes them a versatile tool for businesses and individuals alike.
Remember, the key to a successful QR Code is ensuring it’s easily scannable, well-placed, and visually appealing. Adding a call-to-action can also significantly increase the number of scans. And most importantly, always test your QR Code before deploying it.
Overall, a website QR Code can be a game-changer. So why wait? Start creating your website QR Code today!