You know what PayPal is. And you even use it to receive payments. Being an online payments system, it is one of the best tools for online money transfer for reasons such as:
1. Cost effectiveness: You don’t need to pay any membership fee, processing fee, or even service charges. Paypal is absolutely free to set up
2. Time-saving: Being an online payment tool, it helps you receive and send money instantly. Simply specify the recipient and transaction details and you are good to go
Due to such advantages, you are using PayPal to get payments. This could be for accepting donations (in case you are a charitable or non-profit organization). Or to accept business payments from your customers.
Here’s how it works:
A. How does PayPal work
PayPal works just like any other online payment service such as Paytm. You first need to set-up your account and then start making or receiving payments.
1. Set-up your account
Just like any payments app, this is the first step to get started. PayPal allows you to create one personal and one business account.
It also allows you to link multiple emails, debit or credit cards, and bank accounts. But note that each PayPal account needs to have its own email and bank account address.
2. Get started with payments
Once you complete setting up your account, you can get started with payments. It could be to send or receive payments.
Here we will discuss how you can receive payments with PayPal.
To get payments, you need to share one important detail with your audience—your registered email ID.
That’s all. Pretty simple, right?
Also—you can even transfer the money received in your PayPal wallet to your bank account. To do it, just go to the Transfer Money option present right under your PayPal balance. And go ahead to choose option Transfer To Your Bank.
Though the process is quite simple, there’s a problem. Say you are a seller and wish to accept payments via PayPal.
What will you do here? Tell your PayPal registered email address to each customer individually? No. You’d rather print it and put it at the billing desk.
But here’s another problem. Customers will have to type the entire email address on their phones. And manual typing is obviously prone to errors.
And during peak hours of your business, you cannot open the PayPal app to verify payments all the time.
To minimize the effort for your customers and make payments safer, you can rather use a PayPal QR Code.
B. What is a PayPal QR Code
You already know what a QR Code is. It is a square-shaped barcode that can be easily scanned with a smartphone.
A PayPal QR Code, when scanned, helps end-users make payment to the recipient. That means they do not need to type your email address anymore. A simple scan with the smartphone is all they need to do.
Now, the question is—how do you create a QR Code to receive payments? With a QR Code generator that offers this category, right?
To find one, you can do a quick Google search and you’ll find many such options. You can then go ahead to compare them and choose the best one for your use case.
Or you can simply go through this detailed comparison chart of the top QR Code generators. And decide which one you would like to go ahead with.
C. How to create a PayPal QR Code
Once you select a QR Code generator, you can go ahead to create your QR Code. In this article, using Scanova for a demo, here’s how you can do it:
1. Go to Scanova and sign-up for a 14-day free trial
2. From All Categories of QR Codes, select Paypal QR Code
3. A page will load where you will have to specify the details asked. Start by entering the email address registered with your PayPal account
4. Next, You can also specify an item description and product code (the two of these fields are optional)
5. Now, you will have to specify the amount to be received against every purchase. Next, you can also specify the currency you want to receive payments in
6. Once you specify all these details, click Create QR Code
7. A window will pop-up asking you to specify the QR Code image name and save it. Specify a name and click Save
8. On the page that loads, you will see three QR Code designs on your screen—standard black-and-white, custom with a logo, and custom with a background. You can proceed with either of them
9. Once your QR Code is ready, say after you design it, go ahead to Update and then Download it
10. You will again see a pop-up asking you to specify the size and format for your QR Code image. Specify these details and click Export
That is all you need to do. Your Paypal QR Code will be downloaded. You can test scan it to see if it is working properly.
Also, did you know that you can edit your PayPal QR Code?
You read it right. You can make changes to the QR Code even after you have created it. Yet your QR Code will remain the same.
This is especially useful if you need to make changes to the amount to be received. Or the PayPal registered email ID.
D. How to edit the QR Code
This is possible only if you select the Dynamic option in the window pop-up (mentioned in step 7) while creating the QR Code.
A dynamic QR Code can be edited anytime you want. And it even allows you to keep an eye on its scanning activity. Thay means you can monitor the number of scans, time and date of scans, and many other details.
But if you choose the Static option while creating the QR Code, you will not be able to edit it. This is because static QR Codes are permanent. Once created, they cannot be edited.
To make changes, you will have to create a new QR Code from scratch. Also, static QR Codes are not trackable. Hence, you cannot monitor the scanning activity of a static QR Code.
Now, if you chose the dynamic option and want to edit your PayPal QR Code, here is how you can do it:
1. Go to Scanova and from the Dashboard, click Saved QR Codes
2. Select the QR Code you want to make changes to
3. You will see the details encoded in the QR Code. Here, you can make whatever changes you want to
4. Once you make all the changes, click Update QR Code
That’s it. Your QR Code will be updated. You can scan it to confirm if the details have been updated or not.
That’s it. You now know everything about a PayPal QR Code. It helps do away with the need of typing your email address for your customers. And helps you receive payments in a fast, secure, and error-free manner.
The next step? Get started with creating your Paypal QR Code:
Create a Paypal QR Code
In case you have any questions or concerns, let us know in the comments. We will reach out to you as soon as possible.