Say you’ve a restaurant and you want to run a survey to know what your customers want. Or how well your services are doing.
So you decide to create a survey form online and print its link on the bills. Customers can type this link in their web browser and fill the survey form.
But the question is—will people really do that? Will they be willing to take out their phone, unlock it, open the browser, type the entire survey link, fill the form, and then submit their response?
Since this will need them to put both time and effort, many of them will simply skip doing it.
However, if you make it easier for them to access the form, you’ll see an increase in the number of responses. One way to do this is by adding a Survey QR Code to the bills.
A Survey QR Code, when scanned, will bring up the survey form. People can fill it and submit their response. You can then analyse the recorded data to improve your services/products.
There are two possible ways to create a QR Code for survey:
A. By creating a survey form using an online survey tool (such as SurveyMonkey) and then creating a QR Code via QR Code Generator
B. By creating a Rich text QR Code in combination with Lead Generation
Here is a complete guide on how to create QR Code for survey:
A. Using an online survey tool and a QR Code Generator
First we need to create a survey form. To do this, you’ll have to use an online survey tool.
Once you create the survey form, you’ll get a unique URL (survey link). Copy this link and go to an online QR Code Generator.
Using Scanova QR Code Generator for demo, here’s how you can create a QR Code for your survey:
1. Go to Scanova’s Website URL QR Code Generator and paste the link of your survey form
2. Click Create QR Code
3. Next you’ll see three QR Code designs on your screen with options to customize and download—standard black-and-white, custom with logo, and custom with background. Proceed with either of them
Note that customised QR Codes attract more scans than black-and-white ones. If you want maximum people to fill the form, create a customized QR Code.
4. Once your QR Code is ready, say after you design it, click Download
5. A pop-up will appear prompting you to sign-up for a 14-day free trial. Note that you’ll need to sign up to be able to download your QR Code
6. Once you sign-up click Download
That’s it, you can use this QR Code on print media to get people to fill the survey form.
In case you don’t want to use a combination of two tools, you have another alternative. You can use a combination of Scanova’s features to capture open-ended text responses. Keep reading to know how.
B. Using a Rich Text QR Code to capture responses
Here you can create a QR Code which will prompt users to fill a form and submit their response. Once they do it, they’ll see a landing page that says “Thanks for submitting your response”.
We’ll create the form with lead generation feature and landing page via Rich Text QR Code.
Using Scanova for demo purpose, here’s how you can do it:
1. Go to Scanova’s QR Code Generator and sign-up for a 14-day free trial
2. From your account’s dashboard, click Leads and then click New List
3. Next, you can change the list name and create form. Here you can add fields and select the type of content that needs to be entered in those fields (text, number, and email)
4. Once you add fields, tick all the fields and click Create
5. Now go to Rich Text QR Code generator
6. Enter the text you want users to see once they submit their response (such as Thanks for your response)
7. Click Create QR Code
8. A pop-up will appear prompting you to name the QR Code. In the same pop-up, you’ll also see the option—Capture Leads. Click it
9. Under Choose Lead List, select the list that you created in step 3 and 4
7. Add instruction text and select the fields that you need
8. Next add button text (such as Submit response). You can also add any additional text that you want under Description
9. Click Save
10. Three QR Code designs will appear on your screen with options to customize and download—standard black-and-white, custom logo, and custom background. Proceed with either of them
11. Once your QR Code is ready, say after you design it, click Download
You can now use this QR Code on print media to capture responses from your customers.
How to analyse leads data
You’ll be able to access responses from your Scanova account under Leads section. It also allows you export data as CSV file.
That’s all you need to know on how to create a QR Code for survey. QR Code makes it easier for your audience to access the form.
Create a QR Code for your survey
Still have any queries? Ask them in the comments.