If you just got your hands on a new Nintendo 3DS or one of its popular games like Tomodachi Life or Animal Crossing: New Leaf, then you should probably know what a Mii is.
A Mii is a free-form digital avatar. It can look like you, your friends, or famous people. You can either design a Mii yourself using the Mii Maker on the 3DS or the Mii Channel on the Wii. Or, you can simply add Miis already created by other players (we’ll soon show you how).
Mii’s can be used to represent as players in games such as Tomodachi Life or Animal Crossing: New Leaf. You can store upto 100 Miis in the Mii Maker (or the Mii Channel on the Wii).
How to add a Mii to your 3DS?
Players are allowed to share their Miis’ via a Mii QR Code. With each Mii, unique QR Code is created which can be shared with friends or the players community. Player with 3DS can scan the Mii QR Code and add the Mii to their Mii Maker. This is what a Mii QR Code looks like:
(Image Courtesy: Portable Gaming)
Note that a Mii QR Code can only be created and read by the Nintendo 3DS family system. To add a Mii, follow these steps:
- Choose QR Code/Image Options from the Mii Maker main menu
- Click on Scan QR Code and align the code within the frame of your upper screen
- The system will scan the code. Then click on Save and OK
- Your new Mii will appear on Mii Maker main menu
Where to find existing Mii QR Codes?
You can design your Miis but the web is has a good collection of Miis of famous Movie, TV, and Game characters.
Here are a few good collections:
- The QRepository: All the best Mii QR codes for your Nintendo 3DS
- A Handy Guide To The Many, Many Miis You Can Create
- Tumblr: Tomodachi Life QR Codes
- Reddit: Tomodachi QR Code Exchange
You are all set. Still have questions? Ask in the comments section below.