You are a planning to put QR Codes in your print media creatives and your designer has asked you for a QR Code in EPS format. So you are looking for a QR Code generator that allows you create QR Code images in EPS format.
For the uninitiated, Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) format is a vector format designed for printing.
It can be easily resized without the loss of image quality.
This means that you can resize it to any size you want, no matter how big or small. Hence, it is an ideal format for both designers and printers.
How to generate a QR Code in EPS format
There are many online QR Code generators that allow you create and download a QR Code in EPS format. One such QR Code generator is Scanova.
Using Scanova for demo purpose, here is a step-by-step guide on how to create a QR Code in EPS format:
1. Go to Scanova’s QR Code generator and select the QR Code category that you want. For demo purpose, say you want to create a Website URL QR Code
2. Select Website URL QR Code and paste the link of the website
3. Click Create QR Code
4. Next you’ll see three QR Code designs with option to Customize and Download— standard black-and-white, fancy with custom logo, and fancy with custom background. To get the QR Code in EPS format, you can proceed with either standard black-and-white or fancy with custom logo design
5. Once your QR Code is ready, say after you’ve customized it, click Download
6. A pop-up will appear prompting you to sign-up for a 14 day free trial. Note that you’d need to sign up to be able to download your QR Code image
7. Once you sign up, click the drop-down icon beside Download button
8. Click Vector Formats
9. Select Export as EPS
That’s it. Your QR Code will be downloaded in EPS format.
Once that you have the QR Code image, you can give it to your designer to add it to your print media creatives.
How to edit the QR Code
Say you want to change the website URL or any other data that you entered while creating the QR Code. You’ll be able to do it if you had selected Dynamic option while creating the QR Code. Here’s how you can do it:
1.Go to Scanova’s QR Code generator and click Saved QR Codes
2. Select the QR Code you want to edit
3. Make changes in the data
4. Click Update QR Code
The changes will be updated while QR Code will remain the same. This means that you’d not need to reprint the QR Code.
That’s all you need to know about creating QR Codes in EPS format.
Create a QR Code for your campaign