Business cards have been helping professionals empower their personal networking effort for decades now.
They are not only a way to share contact information with prospective clients but also often their first exposure to your company.
And QR Codes further make them better. They help increase the likelihood of recipients saving you as a contact by making it easier for them to do so. All they need to do is—scan the QR Code, see your details, and add you as a contact. Simple!
So you’re looking forward to creating QR Codes for the same. And that too, in large numbers (hundreds or even thousands). Hence, you want to use QR Code API for the same. We’ll discuss it in detail in this article.
A. Business Card QR Code API
You know what an API can do. It helps you automate the entire process under concern in a few simple steps and removes the need for manual intervention.
So you’re looking for a Business Card QR Code API. You want it to automate QR Code generation in real-time from your own information system or mobile application. It could be to create Business Card QR Codes for all your employees, create ID cards, etc.
Here is how a Business Card QR Code API will work:
- You select a suitable API provider and integrate it with your system
- Every time a new QR Code is needed, an API request is sent to the API provider
- In return for the request, you receive a QR Code image with the encoded content (contact details)
That’s how simple the process is. In fact, there are many benefits of using an API.
Benefits of using QR API
1. Quite obviously, using an API helps you save a lot of time and effort. That’s because you no longer need to head on to a QR Code generator every time you need a QR Code. It will be generated in real-time from your own information system in no time
2. You can add design to your QR Code. This can be done in two distinct ways. First is by adding your brand colors and logo to the QR Code. The second is by adding a background image to it. In both the cases, you can also change the pattern of the QR Code’s eyes and data modules
3. You can create millions of QR Codes per month without any hassle. In fact, you can purchase the subscription as per your desired level of API requests, request rate, and no. of QR Codes
4. You can also choose to export the QR Codes as high-resolution vector images. This would be especially helpful if you’re planning to add the QR Codes to paper-based cards. Vector formats do not pixelate despite any resizing done. Hence, they remain highly scannable
So make sure you choose the API service provider that offers you all the features that you need.
B. How to use Business Card QR Code API
Using QR API by one of the top QR Code generators—Scanova, here’s a detailed guide on how to proceed:
1. Go to QR Code API and sign-up for the free trial
Note that no credit card details will be asked for while signing up. Once you are done with the sign-up, you will get the first 50 API requests for free.
2. Next, you will see your cycle usage on the dashboard. Under the same, you will also see details including total allowed requests, requests used, and the no. of days remaining
In addition to that, you will also see the Get API Key option. Under the same, click on the Create button.
Note that if you chose to sign-up via Google, a six-digit code will be sent to your email address. You will have to copy the code and go back to the QR API website. Next, you will have to paste the code you copied into the dialog box. Once done, you will see your API Key.
3. You can now copy the API key and click on the Documentation option on the left side of the menu bar
4. On scrolling down a bit, you’ll see the Authorize button on the right
5. Now, click Authorize. You will see a window asking you to paste the API key in the value box. Once you paste it, click on Authorize again
6. Now select the Vcard category and click on Test
7. Here, you can add the details to be added to the QR Code. In the same step, you can also choose to add design to your QR Code. You can add colors and a logo to the QR Code. And you can even change the pattern and color of its eyes and data modules
Alternatively, you can also use an image as the QR Code’s background. This option also enables you to alter the pattern of QR Code eyes and modules.
8. After you finalize the content and other parameters for the QR Code, click on Execute
9. Next, you’ll see responses such as Curl, Response URL, and Response Body. When you scroll down a bit, you’ll see the image of a QR Code having the details you added
10. Next, you can copy the Response URL and go ahead to integrate it into your own information system or mobile application
Always make sure that you test scan the QR Code with 3-4 different devices. It helps make sure the QR Code works well across different handsets for the end-users.
That’s it. You now know everything about creating Business Card QR Code via QR Code API. An API is the easiest way to automate the generation of Business Card QR Codes in no time.
Planning on using the QR API for your own business? Start with us today! Just do a quick sign-up and grab your first 50 API request for free. Here’s how to get started: