You probably want to create QR Codes that help your audience send you a text message easily. It could be to make it easier for them to reach out to you for any use case such as:
- Contacting your support team in case of any inconvenience
- RSVP to your event invitation with a simple scan
- Seek a discount coupon as a part of your promotional campaign
So you’re looking for a suitable QR Code service provider. But here’s the thing—you don’t want to create these QR Codes one-by-one. You rather want them to be created automatically when there’s a need.
Hence, rather than a generic QR Code generator, you’d need a QR Code API. And in this article, we will explain everything you need to know about an SMS QR Code API in minutes.
A. SMS QR Code API: Quick overview and benefits
An SMS QR Code makes it easier for your audience to send you a message. How? As people scan it, it pops open the messaging app on their phone with a pre-populated text and contact number.
Then all they need to do is hit the send button. Isn’t that great? No need for them to type anything. And when the process is easier, the response rate becomes better.
Other than making the user journey better, QR Codes also give you the following benefits:
1. Customizable design
If you’re using QR Codes for a customer-facing role, this can be quite useful. An advanced API service provider can help you add colors and a logo to your QR Codes. Or you can even add a background image to them.
Here are the QR Code elements that can be customized:
- Eyes (both inner and outer): Editable for color and pattern
- Data modules: Editable for color and pattern
- Background color
This not only makes your QR Codes look appealing but also helps with your branding effort.
2. Better security for customer purchases
An SMS QR Code can also be used to authenticate or verify the purchase of a product. For example, say when a customer makes a purchase with you, she can scan the QR Code. Doing so will help them send an SMS to your product that’ll register the purchase.
Now that you know everything about SMS QR Code API, let’s move on to the next step:
B. How to integrate SMS QR Code API into your information system
You can head on to a search engine to find SMS QR Code API for yourself. However, comparing the top results may take quite some time and effort.
Don’t worry! We have an expert-curated comparison of the best QR Code APIs. You can go through it and make a decision quickly.
Using Scanova’s QR Code API, here’s how can get started:
1. Go to QR API and quickly sign up for a free trial. You’ll not have to give your credit card details. And once you complete the sign-up process, you’ll get the first 50 API requests for free
2. After signing up, you will see your dashboard. It will have details such as cycle usage, total allowed requests, the used requests, and the number of days remaining
3. On the screen, you will see the Get API Key option. Here, click on Create
Note that if you had signed up via Google, you will receive a six-digit code on your email after clicking on Create. You can then copy it and then paste it in the dialog box. Then, you will be able to see your API key
4. Now, just copy the API key and go to the Documentation section on the dashboard
5. Now you can scroll down a bit and you’ll see Authorize button on the right
6. Once you click on the button, a dialog box will prompt you to paste the API key in it. After doing the needful, click on Authorize
7. Now, you’ll see many QR Code categories. Some of these include Website URL, Text, WiFi, Phone, and Email. Here, click on SMS
8. Here, you can add the content to be encoded in the QR Codes. In the same step, you can also choose to customize the design of your QR Codes. You will see many design parameters on the screen to do so
9. After finalizing the content and design parameters, click on Execute
10. Now you will see various responses including Curl, Response Body, and Response URL. On scrolling down a bit, you will also find the QR Code encoded with the content you had entered
11. Just copy the Response URL and head on to integrating it with your information system
It’s advisable that you test scan the QR Code before integrating API with your system.
If you do everything as described above, your SMS QR Code API will start functioning in no time.
That’s it. That’s all you need to know about SMS QR Code generation via rest API. You can now go ahead and integrate it with your system.