A QR Code is a great marketing tool to convert offline impressions to online traffic. But they are also black-and-white and ugly. The good news is that they don’t have to be and can be personalized. In this post, we show you how to make a custom QR Code.
Why should you switch to custom QR Codes?
Because custom-designed QR Codes:
- Differentiate inventory management QR Code from customer engagement QR Codes
- Attract more scans and increase conversion rate
- Are visually-appealing and merge well with your creatives
- Are personalized to your brand, which will increase brand recall among customers
How to make a custom QR Code
One advantage of QR Codes over barcodes is that QR Codes have error correction. This means that a QR Code, damaged upto 30%, will still be scannable. This features allows designers to add design (damage) to the QR Code without affecting its scannability.
Creating a custom QR Code is no more difficult than creating a black-and-white QR Code if you are using the right tools.
There are two ways to do this:
1. The long way – Use an image editing tool like Photoshop
For me, this is a tedious job because this is time-consuming and expensive. I’ll need to export the QR Code image in vector format, import into Photoshop/Illustrator, do editing, check if my QR Code is still scannable, and export.
All this assuming, you have Photoshop skills. Otherwise, you need to hire a professional which means more money spent.
The only advantage here is that you have the flexibility to customize the design as much as possible. But that almost never works out because designers focus more on design and less on scannability. What’s the use of a pretty QR Code that doesn’t work?
2. The easy way – Use a QR Code Designer tool
There are great tools out there that are specifically-designed for making custom QR Codes. For example, using Scanova QR Code Designer, you can:
- Edit the eye color and pattern
- Edit the data module color and pattern
- Add a logo in the center
- Add a background image
- Save your designs as templates
- Use ready-made templates for quick editing
All this, while ensuring that your QR Codes are always scannable.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to create a QR Code design with logo.
So no need to hire a designer. Hire a QR Code designing tool instead.
Create a Custom QR Code